Director, TBM Office, Group Insurance
Financial Analysis Practice Lead
VP, Research & Standards
Exec. Dir. Membership & Programs
The TBM Council's CFO of IT Workgroup offers senior IT finance leaders the opportunity to advance the disciplines and standards that define Technology Business Management (TBM) for the profession and is Co-Chaired by TBM Council Member Priyu Suryawanshi from Prudential Financial and Korey Barnard from ISG, a TBM Council Alliance Partner.
In the 2017 series of meetings, the group will focus on the CFO of IT competency model, which defines the following essential roles:
- The Technology Controller: this role executes core IT financial accounting and management practices such as budgeting and forecasting, monthly or quarterly accruals, financial transparency, chargeback, and more
- The Cost Optimizer: this role sets targets for improving the cost-efficiency of applications, services, assets, labor and other resources and works with IT, finance and business unit leaders to help meet those targets
- The Investment Manager: this role helps ensure that the level of expenditures in applications, services, projects, vendors, labor and other portfolios are best aligned to the needs of the business
- The Agent of Change: this role supports the CIO’s transformation goals, such as shifting from a technology orientation to being a service delivery organization or creating a digital innovation capability
- The Voice of the Business: this role represents business interests back to IT during important decisions to help ensure that business goals are supported by IT spending and investments
Join us for a virtual meeting on April 20th where we will discuss the above and share the ISG SIAM model, as well as the workgroup deliverables, research approach, and specific calls-to-action for the engagement series.